The Zeitschrift für Internationale Beziehungen (zib, Journal of International Relations) is the leading German-language journal in the field of international relations.
zib publishes peer-reviewed articles that make theoretically and methodologically innovative contributions to the study of international relations. The high quality of articles that are published in zib is ensured through double blind peer review. zib was the first journal in German Political Science to introduce such a process.
It is published semi-annually on behalf of the IR Section of German Political Science Association (DVPW).
Editorial Board & Beirat
- Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Buckley-Zistel, University of Marburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Beate Jahn, University of Sussex, UK
- Dr. Matthias Kranke, University of Kassel, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Valentin Lang, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Kai Oppermann, TU Chemnitz, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Spilker, University of Konstanz, Germany
Academic Advisory Council
- Prof. Dr. Mathias Albert, University of Bielefeld, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Bieling, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Carey, Ph.D., University of Mannheim, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Christopher Daase, HSFK Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. James Davis, Ph.D., University of St. Gallen, Schwitzerland
- Prof. Dr. Nicole Deitelhoff, HSFK Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Diez, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Hasenclever, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Gunther Hellmann, Goethe University of Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Simon Koschut, University of Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Carlo Masala, University of the Bundeswehr Munich, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Diana Panke, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Elvira Rosert, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Prof. em. Dr. Jürgen Rüland, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Zlatko Šabic, Univerza v Ljubljani, Slowenien
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Stetter, University of the Bundeswehr Munich, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Antje Wiener, Ph.D., University of Hamburg, Germany
- Prof. em. Dr. Klaus Dieter Wolf, HSFK Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Zeitschrift für Internationale Beziehungen (zib)
- Janika Lohse (Assistance)
Call for Papers
Guidelines for contributors
zib publishes contributions in the following categories:
- Articles (Aufsätze) make theoretically and methodologically innovative contributions to the study of international relations that treat important topics in global politics and current academic debates (max. 12.000 words).
- Forums (Forum) provide an outlet for debates about theories, methods, and the state of current research as well as reactions to contributions previously published in zib (max. 7.000 words).
- Curricula (Curriculares) contains contributions that deal with questions of University Didactics, the promotion of young researchers or other questions related to current higher education and research policy topics (max. 9.000 words).
- Review essays (Literaturbericht) survey a body of recent research relating to a particular topic of study and synthesize important ideas (max. 12.000 words).
- Research perspectives (Forschungsperspektiven) are impulse-giving and programmatic contributions that open up and discuss a new field of research. Accordingly, the results and findings in this research field are not yet finalised. It is about outlining new thematic fields and research agendas with the clear aim of initiating a broader process of work and cooperation in the German-speaking community.
All contributions are subject to double-blind peer-review.
Drafts can be submitted at any time.
Publishing Open Access
The zib is not an open access journal. However, it is possible to publish individual articles in the journal open access by making the digital version freely available under a Creative Commons license chosen by the respective author(s). The publisher requires a fee to cover the publication costs (Article Processing Charge – APC) in the amount of 1,990.00 EUR (plus VAT). Many scientific institutions and science funding bodies provide corresponding funds for the publication of research results.
Are you interested in this option? Talk to your editorial office or contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Abstracting & Indexing
The articles of zib are indexed by
zib is included in the following ProQuest databases